I always have patients who are asking me what steps they need to do in order to live a healthier lifestyle. The first step is to address the underlying issue or source of the problem with chiropractic care. the next step is to help to stabilize the spine with exercises and eventually work on flexibility and strengthening. For those who want to go the extra mile and want to become even more active I advise them to check out Pledge To Fitness. they have an amazing space to work with their clients and not only do they have personal training but prior to joining the team at Pledge To Fitness will perform a wellness assessment.
Their team of trainers have to know what you are physically capable of performing before starting any type of exercise. They will also take you through functional movements to help track your progression over time. I had the pleasure of sitting down with the owners last week and asked them to take part in an interview. The following are some questions to help you become more comfortable with what they do. Daniel, one of the co-founders, was nice enough to answer these questions for us.
What is Pledge to Fitness?
• Pledge To Fitness is a premier Wellness Company based in Houston. We focus on a holistic approach to your physical and mental wellbeing through Personal Training, Nutrition, and Lifestyle Coaching.
Why would someone come here instead of a recreational gym like 24 Hour Fitness?
• To create lifelong, sustainable exercise & nutritional habits that lead to a healthy body and mind. Recreational gyms, while good for a sweat, promote working out in random spurts with exercise plans and meal plans (if available) that aren’t tailored to you and your needs. Also, if you have chronic joint or back pain, working with professionals such as the chiropractors at The Core Chiropractic and our team at Pledge To Fitness means you’re working with systems that build off each other to immediately relieve pain and keep it from coming back.
What is your ideal client?
• Our ideal client is a professional anywhere from 40-70 years old, who is looking to improve their quality of life by losing unwanted weight, relieve chronic aches, and enhance their mindset. Of course, we also work with teens, college students, and anyone who is searching for a better way of life, we’ve just found that it’s right around one’s 40th birthday is where a life of bad habits finally start to show through the surface.
Who would do well at Pledge to Fitness?
• Anyone who wants a functional, logical personal training and nutrition program, who is tired of the world of misinformation fed to us through the internet, TV, magazines, and well-meaning friends and family.
Who wouldn’t do well at Pledge to Fitness?
• Anyone who’s looking for fad workouts or diets, and a quick-fix.
What types of conditions do you encounter that get better by coming to Pledge to Fitness?
• We have extensive experience with and success stories from our Pledges who came in suffering from: Obesity, Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Depression, and a lack of self-motivation.
What is the typical cost? Per session?
• We have programs starting at just $120 per month. Our typical 30-minute sessions are just $40, and $75 for 60-minute sessions.
What do clients typically wear to the class?
• General athletic clothes and shoes–whatever you feel comfortable sweating in.
Do you recommend the client to eat or drink anything prior to, during or after class?
• We recommend that our Pledges come in having eaten within 2 hours of our session, and come out prepared to replenish afterwards.
One should hydrate, but don’t worry if you forget your drink, you can always have a bottle (or 2) of water on us!
Who would not enjoy coming to Pledge to Fitness?
• Someone who is looking for aggressive “boot camp” style instructors and programs.
What is the message that Pledge to Fitness is trying to spread to the general public?
• Working towards your health and best self should be an enjoyable experience. One should get to eat real food, move with a purpose (not just to crunches and sit ups, because you’ve been told you’ll get a six pack), and work with a team of knowledgeable people that care for you as an individual.
If you are one of those people who wants to take your health to then I highly recommend you to check out the team at Pledge to Fitness. All of their trainers are highly knowledgeable and they will be sure to meet you where you are at in your level of fitness and take you to the goals that you have set out for yourself.
They are conveniently located within 5 minutes from the River Oaks, Galleria, West University, and Bellaire areas. The following is a link to their page so be sure to check them out and let the team at Pledge to Fitness get you started on your path to better health. https://www.pledgetofitness.com/
Dr. Brandon Siegmund was born and raised outside of Fort Worth. After he obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin in 2006, Dr. Siegmund performed clinical research at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Click Here To Read Full Bio